Electrical Engineer II Description
We are seeking an experienced Senior Electrical Engineer to lead our engineering team in developing cutting-edge solutions for marine applications. Your role will involve collaborating with cross-functional teams, managing complex projects, and ensuring the seamless integration of advanced electrical systems into marine vessels. If you are an accomplished engineer looking for a challenging leadership role in a dynamic environment, we invite you to apply.
- Collaborate daily with the electrical engineering team to identify and escalate roadblocks, ensuring the swift removal of barriers to progress.
- Lead the development of electrical power generation and power distribution systems customized for marine applications, ensuring optimal performance, reliability, and safety.
- Seamlessly integrate Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Cyber, and Intelligence (C5i) systems into marine vessels, enhancing their operational capabilities.
- Create, review, and manage complex wiring routing tables using MS Access, encompassing passthrough information, termination identification, wire types, connector part numbers, and label descriptions.
- Produce comprehensive electrical plant load analyses, along with wire sizing and component protection assessments, in strict accordance with ABS standards.
- Spearhead the establishment of functional and acceptance test plans for system designs, ensuring their compliance with rigorous engineering standards.
- Ensure meticulous adherence to project specifications, drawings, and contract terms, including rigorous compliance with ABS standards within the assigned SWBS section.
- Collaborate closely with the Weight Manager to monitor and control system weights, aligning them with precise design targets.
- Lead the creation and review of Engineering Change Notifications, enabling the formal release of crucial design data.
- Initiate Engineering Change Requests when identifying opportunities for improvements or rectifying errors.
- Oversee system life-cycle activities, including System Requirements Review (SRR), System Design Review (SDR), Preliminary Design Review (PDR), and Detailed/Critical Design Review (DDR/CDR).
- Develop engineering deliverables meticulously in strict adherence to established engineering processes. This includes ensuring the creation of safe and fit-for-purpose engineering deliverables and presenting materials associated with the life-cycle reviews mentioned above.
- Coordinate efficiently with sub-contractors and vendors, soliciting their valuable inputs to enhance design activities and achieve project excellence.
- Review ShipConstructor 3D models and associated 2D drawings/schematics with a discerning eye, ensuring alignment with company, industry, and project standards.
- Manage the release of drawings in accordance with the established company workflow, facilitating the seamless advancement of projects.
- Generate detailed engineering reports showcasing unwavering compliance with project requirements, drawing upon design, test, analysis, and similarity assessments.
- Collaborate closely with the quality team to troubleshoot installation issues, identify root causes, and recommend effective solutions, contributing to project success and performance optimization.
- Create intricate product illustrated parts diagrams and actively participate in the creation of comprehensive product manuals.
Electrical Engineer II Qualifications
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Electrical Engineering or a related field.
- 3-5 years of experience in marine electrical engineering.
- Proficiency in CAD software (ShipConstructor, AutoCAD).
- Comprehensive knowledge of marine electrical systems and compliance with ABS standards.
- Excellent leadership, communication, teamwork, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail and commitment to quality.
- Expertise in electrical system design, analysis, and compliance with industry standards.
- Proven ability to manage complex engineering projects.