Machine Operator Description
As a Machine Operator at our fabrication and manufacturing shop, you will play an essential role in the production process by operating various machines and equipment to create high-quality components and products. Your attention to detail, mechanical skills, and commitment to safety will contribute to the success of our manufacturing operations.
- Set up, adjust, and operate machines such as lathes, mills, saws, or presses to fabricate parts and components according to engineering drawings and specifications
- Monitor machine operations, inspect finished products, and perform in-process checks to ensure they meet quality and design standards
- Load raw materials into machines, control material feeds, and adjust machine settings for optimal performance
- Perform routine maintenance on machines, including cleaning, lubrication, and minor repairs, and report any mechanical issues that require attention
- Adhere to safety protocols, wear appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE), and maintain a safe and clean work area
- Maintain accurate records of production activities, including machine settings, production counts, and quality control checks.
Machine Operator Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent; technical training or certification in machine operation is a plus.
- Proven experience with Saw Machines and Grove Machines in a fabrication or manufacturing environment.
- Familiarity with various types of machinery and equipment used in metal fabrication and manufacturing.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and specifications.