Mill Industrial Electrician Description
Under supervision safely maintain, install, and repair multiple types of electrical systems and equipment in support of a Mill/processing site.
- Removal, repair and installation of electrical systems and components within the following area’s and systems; Mill (primary/regrind), leach area, packing area, boiler room, reagent area, acid house, general mill, conveyor equipment, air, water and power line systems
- Performs equipment electrical analysis and diagnosis, troubleshooting and systems/process optimization
- Works on Switchgear and Distribution: Grounding, lototo procedures, use of jumper forms
- Preventative maintenance: Checking motors, checking for ground loops, metering electrical circuits, calibrate equipment and completing additional checks
- Performs NRC conduit bending and fastening: Conduit, cable tray, grounds, boxes, and calculating loads and feeder sizes
- May be required to use the following Mobil Equipment: Forklifts, light duty vehicles, bucket trucks, high-lift trucks
- Performs other duties as required
Mill Industrial Electrician Qualifications
- Completion of an approved certified electronics, electrical and/or instrumentation program OR a minimum of two (2) years of experience OR a combination of education and experience in industrial electrical and/or instrumentation repair and maintenance
- Knowledge of AutoCAD drawings/prints, and electronic prints
- Knowledge of proper SOP's
- Must have completed academic and practical competencies required (this includes Line of Progression requirements for internal employees where LOP Exists) and have experience demonstrating the required aptitude. The selected candidate shall demonstrate the ability to apply knowledge and skills while also passing a written assessment where required. This exam is based on skills/abilities and/or academic knowledge; as well as safety.
- High School diploma or GED