Operational Systems Analyst I Description
Under general supervision, provide support for operational and engineering applications and data systems. Develop and maintain a strong familiarity with mining practices, processing practices and related technology systems, their functionality and limitations. Design, coordinate and support system enhancements by working with vendors, application developers, engineers and operational users. Assist with data-driven process improvement projects.
- Support clients of operational applications by providing data for specific requests, resolving issues with system functionality and performance, and training clients in the proper use and features of these applications.
- Support and maintain applications in alignment with defined architecture and standards.
- Using their knowledge of current systems to assist in implementing modifications for local/site specific applications to improve operational efficiency, seeking standard and third-party solutions where possible.
- Create reports using advanced querying and report-building standard tools and maintain existing reports to account for system changes or changes in client/operational requirements.
- Actively participate and promote Safety and Environmental programs, ensuring MIS policy compliance and site operational goals.
- Monitor and maintain system health of supported applications.
- Perform other duties as requested.
Operational Systems Analyst I Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or a mining-related Engineering discipline and one (1) year of experience in an Engineering, Systems Administration or Technology Support role, including a basic understanding of data concepts and usage;
- High school diploma or GED and five (5) years of experience in general information technology, software troubleshooting, computer systems maintenance and application support, including a basic understanding of data concepts and usage.
- Must be customer service-oriented and possess good organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Safety conscious mindset
- Solid technical and operational process background
- Good people skills
- Self-starter and good work ethic
- Proficient problem solving skills
- Project management and organization
- Quick learner