Shovel/Drill Diagnostic Mechanic I Description
Highly skilled mechanic performing duties relating to the safe maintenance and repair of shovels and drills, including hydraulic and electric shovels. Proficient in troubleshooting and repair of electrical and hydraulic systems.
- Performs system diagnostic, replacement and repairs on, but not limited to electrical hydraulic systems; and component replacement and repairs on, but not limited to: dippers, handles, swing, propel, crowd and hoist transmissions, hoist cables, GET (ground engaging tools), drill bits, drill pipes, hydraulic pumps and motors, engines, electric motors, gear boxes, compressors, auto lube systems, and hydraulic valves and hoses.
- Prioritize and make decisions regarding equipment repair as needed.
- Performs mechanical and lubrication preventative maintenance.
- Responsible for the accurate completion of Work Orders.
- Train and mentor other employees.
- May be required to proficiently perform welding tasks, such as: carbon arc, plasma, Mig, Tig, and stick.
- May operate equipment such as: forklifts, cranes, and small mobile equipment.
- Perform other duties as required.
Shovel/Drill Diagnostic Mechanic I Qualifications
- Two (2) years’ experience in mechanical/maintenance crafts (including welder, boilermaker, machinist or facility maintenance/construction) or a combination of education and experience in industrial mechanical repair and maintenance.
- Must have completed academic and practical competencies required (this includes Line of Progression requirements for internal employees where LOP Exists) and have experience demonstrating the required mechanical aptitude.
- Shovel/Drill Diagnostic Mechanic I: Practical Skills Assessments defined in LOP.
- Ability to understand and apply verbal and written work and safety-related instructions and procedures in English
- Ability to communicate in English with respect to job assignments, job procedures and applicable safety standards
- Proficient in layout and design and working from blueprints.
- Ability to effectively communicate and work closely with other maintenance team members.
- High School Diploma or GED