Upstream Facilities Engineering Specialist Summary:
The Upstream Facilities Engineer will be responsible for mechanical and process engineering related activities in addition to the coordination regularly with civil, electrical, & instrumentation disciplines.
Upstream Facilities Engineering Specialist Responsibilities:
- Identify, develop, fund and track all required surface facilities to maintain the current and future production levels at UR fields.
- Oversee and organize the planning, implementing, and maintaining the infrastructure and oil and gas facilities.
- Optimize the surface oil, gas and water production facility performance including developing/implementing engineered solutions for issues that may be limiting production, productivity and efficiency.
- Troubleshooting problems with existing facilities.
- Close coordination and follow-up with all related organizations are required to ensure the required surface facilities are installed on time.
- Provide a continuous update on projects budget and perform a project cost optimizations economic analysis to identify the most cost-effective alternative for upstream facilities development.
- Facilities design package reviews where applicable.
- Designing pipeline network (oil, gas, and water) and building hydraulic models using approved software such as PIPESIM and OLGA.
- Participation and support design of processing facilities such as GOSP, GSP, GCP, MPP and Early Production Facilities.
Upstream Facilities Engineering Specialist Requirements:
- Bachelor degree in mechanical and chemical engineering from a recognized and approved program. MSc or PhD is desirable, but not required.
- Minimum of 10 year experience in a petroleum engineering organization with a minimum of 5 years in project related work.
- Interpersonal skills with the ability and desire to work within a multidisciplinary team.
- Strong communication and presentation skills with the ability to clearly convey practical concepts and relevant information to all levels of personnel, including executive management.